To enable the learner acquire knowledge and understanding of the legal framework governing the business environment in Uganda.
On completion of this course, the learner should be able to:
- Explain the general principles of the Ugandan law
- Explain the general principles of the law of contract.
- Describe how companies are formed.
- Discuss the roles and responsibilities of the officers of a company.
- Identify the various legal forms of insolvency.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the legal relationships between employers and employees.
- Appreciate the principles of the law of agency.
- Describe the formation, operation and termination of partnerships
- Explain the general principles of the law of trusts
- Discuss ethical issues in all business relationships
LEVEL OF ASSESSMENT
The examination will test knowledge, comprehension and application of law to real life case scenarios.
There will be a three hour examination made up sections A and B. Section A will comprise of 20 compulsory multiple-choice questions of 20 marks. Section B will comprise of five questions of 20 marks each, of which the candidate will be required to attempt four
Study Materials have been updated for 2017 Exams
Relevant Past paper questions and Answers from the old Syllabus